For questions or concerns contact:
Abbreviated Restriction List
As a reminder, the abbreviated restriction list is provided below. The list is meant to be a quick reference and is not a complete list of the restrictions. A copy of the “Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions” as well as the “Bylaws of Forest Edge HOA” may be obtained through this website or contacting our property manager.
- Garbage & recycle bins should not be visible from any road OR by your neighbor except during collection times.
- Forest Edge is within an Urban Bear Management District – we must adhere to further trash collection procedures. CLICK HERE for more info. BEARS FREQUENT FOREST EDGE! Do not encourage them to hang around!
- Urban Bear Management District: Garbage cans that are not bear resistant must be set at the curb no earlier than 5 AM the day of collection & removed from curb the evening of collection. Altamonte Springs garbage cans & recycle bins must be secured in garages or ARC approved enclosures.
- Yard waste may be placed at the curb no earlier than 5pm the day before collection.
- No street parking by residents. Short term parking must follow the rules set forth in the Forest Edge Rules and Regulations and city ordinances.
- All house pets must remain on the owner’s lot unless on a leash. Cats are not permitted to roam the neighborhood.
- No major appliance, furniture, or building materials are collected by the regular garbage trucks. The Altamonte Springs Public Works Department provides special service for a fee (or you can retain these items in your garage until Spring Clean-Up). Please put these items at the curb no earlier than 5 PM the day preceding special service pick-up.
- Detached buildings (dog houses, sheds, playhouses, etc.), fences, exterior paint, roofs, and any other exterior alterations must be approved by the Architectural Review Committee (ARC).
- Fences – ARC approval and a city permit are required when you are installing a new fence or making repairs that include replacing more than 3 posts.
- NEW fences must be 6ft board on board natural wood or 6ft natural wood-look vinyl. NO EXCEPTIONS! Tan fences that had prior ARC approval may be repaired with notification to the property manager. Wood fences must be installed with posts & supports facing the owner’s property.
- ARC must approve removal of living or dead trees. An Altamonte Springs ARBOR PERMIT is required for all tree removal. FEHOA may require a tree of an acceptable species replace the removed tree.
- All lots, driveways and dwellings should be constantly maintained in a neat and attractive condition.
- Building / sub-contractor signs are allowed on lots during projects. One for sale or rent sign is allowed on a lot to advertise the property. Political yard signs may be placed on a lot no more than 45 days prior to an election and removed the day after the election. Signs are prohibited on any right-of-way or on common areas.
- Boats, trailers, campers and RV’s shall not be parked on any road. Driveway parking for loading/unloading cannot be in excess or 24 hours except in garages.
- Vehicles which are unsightly, immobile or under repair are allowed only in garages.
- The past failure of the FEHOA to enforce the covenants and restrictions does not give any homeowner consent to remain in violation, however long continuing.
As part of their contracted services, Sentry Management routinely inspects the neighborhood for infractions of the deed restrictions.
Common reasons for receiving a violation notice include:
- leaving garbage containers or recycle bins viewable from common areas outside of collection times.
- excessive algae/mold/mildew on driveway, house, fence or sidewalks.
- excessive weeds or unmaintained yard.
- tree or hedge overgrowth impeding pedestrians.
- inoperable or tagless vehicles in driveways or roadways.
- routinely parking a vehicle in the street, in the grass or blocking the sidewalk.
- commencing exterior work or tree removal without ARC approval.
Enforcement of the deed restrictions is a concern of all members of the FEHOA. If you receive a 1st notice, please view it as a courteous reminder of our existing restrictions. If you have questions or need an extension please immediately contact our property manager. If a homeowner does not correct the violation(s) within the allotted time and does not contact the property manager, the Board may choose to enforce the restriction through city code enforcement, fines and/or legal avenues.