Country Creek Garage Sale March 24, 25, 26
ALTAMONTE SRING CLEAN-UP March 20-31 Mondays & Thursdays NO HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, CHEMICALS or ELECTRONICS
Safety Info & Reminders:
- NO STREET PARKING – residents must park vehicles in garages and driveways. Emergency vehicles, the Bear Lake Elementary bus and garbage trucks must be able to move unrestricted throughout the neighborhood. Vehicles parked in a manner impeding traffic flow are at risk for immediate towing.
- SQUATTERS – This is becoming very common in Florida. The best recourse is to keep a vigilant eye on neighboring vacant houses while they await rental or sale. This is when homes are prime targets for squatters. Once a person has gained entry to a home and claims they are the legal resident, it is a time consuming legal process to remove them. Florida statutes do not provide HOA’s a legal recourse for removing squatters. It is the sole responsibility of the owner to start eviction proceedings. So what can we do? Immediately report suspicious behavior to ASPD. Squatters will often case a property or break-in to gain access. This is the time to call the police, but never confront the person! Contact our property manager so the HOA can contact the owner. If you have questions or concerns about any property, please contact our property manager.
- Forest Edge Annual HOA Meeting – Country Creek Clubhouse July 20th@7pm
- Board meetings – Country Creek Clubhouse January-November 3rd Thurs@7pm
- SR 414 Expressway Extension Project PD&E Study CLICK FOR INFO
- Parking Restrictions and Towing Information Letter
- 2023 SPRING CLEAN-UP (March 20-31) & SPECIAL P/U INFO
- All tree removals require ARC approval…living or dead. The City of Altamonte Springs requires a permit or written verification from certified arborist to remove a dead tree. If you take down a tree and cannot provide documentation, you will be subject to fines and replacement(s).
- Fences – ARC approval and a city permit are required when you are installing a new fence or making repairs that include replacing more than 3 posts. As of Oct 20, 2022, all new fences must be 6ft board on board natural wood or 6ft natural wood-look vinyl. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Summaries and clarifications of the Forest Edge Covenants and Restrictions and City of Altamonte Springs Ordinances along with rules approved by the FEBOD pertaining to the safety and use of common areas. The board of directors may review and update common area rules as needed. These rules have been shared via USPS with homeowners and are always available on this website or by contacting the board or property manager.
Tree Removal Information
Regardless of species, all tree removals must be approved by the FE-ARC. The City of Altamonte Springs requires a permit for tree removals. In the case of dead trees in immediate danger of falling, permits are not required but you must have a certified arborist provide documentation that the tree is dead. The majority of tree trimmers are not certified arborists so if you are not using an arborist then simply submit a permit to the city. It’s free and only takes a day or two for the city arborist to visit your lot. Do not fall prey to predatory tree trimmers, it could cost you fines and tree replacement costs.
The city requires an approved ARC form before an arbor permit is approved. Per city ordinance and Forest Edge Covenants, each lot must have a minimum of 2 large canopy tree species preferably from the city’s approved TREE LIST. For more information, view Altamonte Springs Code of Ordinances Article VIII. Even during a permit moratorium due to storm damage, an ARC form is still required to remove a tree.
Sentry Management is the property manager for Forest Edge.
HOMEOWNERS: The portal gives you access to important information about your personal account and the Forest Edge Homeowner Association.
Once in your secure PORTAL, you can:
- Make online payments
- View your personal account and payment history
- Find Community Manager name, phone number & email address
- Access association documents like By-Laws, Rules & Regulations and Reports
- Sign up for emails from your association.
Please mail or email ARC applications to Sentry address.
- President Carol Platt
- Vice President Tom Fusco
- Secretary Ivannia Bok
- Treasurer Robert Clipp
- Director Open
Looking for an opportunity to volunteer in Forest Edge? Our committees are made up of homeowners just like you. Committees are not just limited to the ones listed below. Have an idea? Want to join an existing committee? Attend a board meeting at the clubhouse on the 3rd Thursday of January-December.
Architectural Review Committee
Carol Platt (Chairperson), Jill Prince, Ivannia Bok
Country Creek Master Rep
Bylaws – Covenants & Restriction Review